Victims of Irish Music
Last year, I borrowed a book from harper, Doc Grauzer, for casual reading about the history of Irish music. In the book, the author explained that many Irish musicians were forbidden by Britain to play the music of their heritage and suffered the consequences for disobeying. But the concept seemed to have greater depth to me as an independent Celtic musician.
Music has evolved a lot since those days. Styles have changed. Dylan went electric. Enya changed the whole concept of "Celtic music" to many in the United States. While I enjoy all styles of Irish and Celtic music, I feel that in order to know where you are going, you should know where you came from. Our cultural heritage is important, as is our musical heritage.
This album includes a wide range of acoustic instrumental music. It is not all traditional, but it is an exciting glimpse at how 21st century independent Celtic musicians are keeping tabs on their cultural heritage. It covers a wide range of musical styles by bands who refuse to allow their heritage to be victimized.
If you are love your Irish heritage, you can show your love of it with this captivating and energizing compilation of amazing music.
A portion of the money earned from this compilation benefits the Irish & Celtic Music Podcast. Another portion benefits a non-profit Celtic organization (TBA). But all of it supports the heart of our Irish heritage.
BUY the CD or Download MP3s
- "Cooley's Set (Reels: Cooley's Reel,/Sporting Paddy/Toss The Feathers)" by Wild Clover Band from Behind the Blarney
- "Sleeping Under The Tables Set" by Kennedy's Kitchen from A Pocketful of Lint
- "Lannigan's Ball/Rambling Pitchfork/Tar Road Sligo" by Cady Finlayson from Harp and Shamrock
- "Staten Island Hornpipe/Morpeth Rant" by The Jolly Rogues from Captain Billy's Privateers
- "The Gneeveguilla Reel/Drag her Round the Road/The Golden Keyboard" by Arabesque from Glen Road to Cordoba
- "The Boys from Blue Hill/Cherish the Ladies" by Bow Triplets from One Spot On Earth
- "Princess Royale" by Thomas "Doc" Grauzer from Infernal Harp Racket
- "Chicago Trippin up the Stairs by Boston Blackthorne from Better Late Than Ever
- "Rocky Road to Brenham" by Celtic Stone from Digital Traditions
- "Geordie Lad" by Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer from Thumb Twiddling
- "Old Grey Cat" by Marc Gunn & The Dubliners' Tabby Cats from Irish Drinking Songs for Cat Lovers
- "Congress Reel" by Poitin from Live!
- "The Road to Lisdonvarna/Morrison's Jig" by Vince Conaway from Distractions from the Muse
- "Polkas and Slides" by The Tea Merchants from The Tea Merchants
- "Banks of Spey/High Road to Linton" by Highland Fling from Highland Fling
- "Campbell's Farewell to Red Gap/Newcastle" by Bedlam Bards from Furious Fancies
- "The Skylark/Humours of Tulla/Lucy Campbell's" by Culann's Hounds from Year of the Dog
· VOTE IN THE CELTIC TOP 5
· ABOUT US
· BECOME A FAN
· MP3 ARCHIVE
· FEATURED ARTISTS
· BUY OUR CDs
· PROMOTE US
· SUBMIT YOUR GROUP
· BUY CELTIC CDs
· CD REVIEWS
· CELTIC MP3s
· Download 20 sec MP3 promo for the podcast
Celtic Top 5 Charts |
show myspace |
marc's myspace |
celtic weddings |
· RSS Feed
· Please lend a helping. Add a link to this website and tell your friends to drop by and listen.
Like the Podcast?
Show Your Passion!
Become a Member of the podcast with your $25 annual donation
Vote For This Podcast!